Check out the video below for a sneak peek into the Rock Lab School Holiday Program!
We're passionate about helping young people develop confidence and connect with others through music.
Rock Lab is an incredible 3 day experience for kids 7 -12 years where they have the opportunity to discover what it’s like to play in a real rock band!
They will get to trial a wide range of professional, contemporary band instruments such as drums, electric guitars, bass guitars, ukuleles and keyboards. That in itself is really really special… the instruments are NOT what they get to use in a Primary School class room!
Our Rock Stars in training will also learn tips and techniques to write and perform their own songs, learn about band equipment such as amps, mics and pedals and be introduced to recording and production technology.
Plus they’ll make new friends and have a bunch of fun while developing their music knowledge!
Rock Lab is run by Alison Glew Guitar and Ukulele Schools professional, friendly and talented music teachers who enjoy encouraging, supporting and inspiring young musicians.
All of our teachers are experienced, have current Working With Children Checks and a sense of humour!
Rock Lab is held at The Royal Aero Club in Jandakot in the upstairs Members Lounge. It is a spacious, carpeted room with stage area and direct access to Muzz Buzz Aviators Café. The floor to ceiling windows give participants the best views of the busy airport, where they can watch aircraft, taxi, take-off and land!
3 Day Program (Half or Full Days)
*Second week of the school holidays.
Full Day - 9 am – 3 pm (6 hours each day)
Half Days - 9 am – 12 pm (3 hours each day)Join Here
• Instrument Discovery Sessions: Learn about and play a wide variety of instruments such as acoustic and electric guitars, bass guitars, ukuleles, keyboards and drums with expert tuition from professional teachers.
• Roadie Training: Learn how to set up and use microphones, PAs, amplifiers and effect pedals and correct cable management.
• Intro To Music Technology: Rock Stars will be introduced to sound recording and production techniques. Set up the gear, record samples and see how it is edited and produced using professional computerised software.
• Song Writing Workshop: Our Rock Stars in training will learn how to structure a song, the features of various genres of music, what chords go together in a song, how to evoke different emotions and create riffs. They’ll write lyrics and have the opportunity to perform their own music in a group or solo (with the help from our teachers).
• Jamming and Playing: Form a duo or a band and jam with new friends with guidance from our professional music teachers.
• Make new friends: Hang out with other like-minded kids and have fun.
• Instruments To Use: Drums, keyboard, guitars, bass, ukuleles, amps and mics to use. If you own your own instrument please bring it along!
• Fun Musical Games and Activities: We make sure to have lots of fun with musical games throughout the day!
Rock Lab kicks off at 9 am and the fun ends at 3 pm (or 12pm for half day participants).
All Rock Stars will have a 20 minute break mid-morning and full day participants will have a 45 minute lunch break at 12 pm.
Morning Session (All Participants)
Afternoon Sessions (Full Day Participants)
Suitable for Primary School Aged Children 7 - 12 years
Royal Aero Club of WA
41 Eagle Drive, JANDAKOT
No experience necessary. All levels welcome.
• Sense of humour and high vibes
• BYO instruments (if you have one or two!)
• Snacks & lunch (no nuts please). Muzz Buzz Cafe will be open if students wish to purchase their lunch.
• Water bottle.
Royal Aero Club of WA 41 Eagle Drive JANDAKOT WA 6164
Please provide adequate snacks, lunch and water or money for the student to purchase food and drinks at The Muzz Buzz Aviator Café (which is located in the same building).
Please contact us prior to enrolment if your child has sever allergies or other special conditions so we can ensure we’re able to accommodate your needs.
Photos / Videos
By enrolling in Rock Lab you consent to Photos and Videos taken by Alison Glew Guitar and Ukulele School for marketing purposes.
Without expectation of compensation or other remuneration, now or in the future you consent to Alison Glew Guitar and Ukulele School using your child photographic/filmed image and/or any interview statements for the purposes of promoting, publicising and advertising (including the internet and social media).
A $98 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your registration in Rock Lab. Full payment is required 10 days before commencement.
Refunds / Discounts
Partial refunds and discounts are not available for partial attendance including emergencies.
Please do not attend Rock Lab if you are unwell or are a close contact. A credit will be offered to you to use towards the next Rock Lab program.
Student Behaviour Policy
We want a happy, inclusive and safe program for everyone. Disruptive, rude, violent or uncooperative students or students who are rough with equipment or damage the venue will be excluded from Rock Lab. Staff will endeavour to resolve the issue with the child and parents first however if the situation is unmanageable we reserve the right to exclude the student from the program and fees will not be refunded.
We require minimum numbers for Rock Lab to run. A full refund will be issued 10 days prior to the start date if numbers are not met.
Drop Off and Pick Up Time
Rock Labs doors do not open before 9 am (students will not be supervised before this time so please wait with your child until doors open).
Rock Lab closes at 3 pm. Please collect your child on time. Due to the operational and staffing costs incurred when a child is collected late, a “wait” fee will be charged from 3:15 pm. $15 for every $15 minutes or part-there-of.
Emergencies / Running Late
Please contact us ASAP by texting 0403 770 909 if you know you will be late so arrangements can be made.
Our facilitators are professional music teachers at Alison Glew Guitar and Ukulele School and hold a current WWCC “Working With Children Checks”.
Numbers are capped to ensure adequate supervision, safety and attention is given to each child.