Terms & Conditions
Alison Glew Guitar School Terms, Conditions & Lesson Policies
ALL THE BORING BUT IMPORTANT STUFF….
Welcome to Alison Glew Guitar School. We’re pleased to have you join us for music lessons. Please read our Terms and Conditions carefully BEFORE engaging our services or purchasing our products so there are no misunderstandings and we can enjoy a long and happy relationship together.
All references herein to Student or You refer to any user of Alison Glew Guitar School. Parents/Legal guardians accept the Policies on behalf of their children.
If you do not agree to these Terms, please DO NOT USE our services or website products.
CHANGES TO TERMS
We may change all or part of these Terms at any time. If we do, you will be notified by email and the new terms and conditions will be posted on our website: https://www.alisonglewguitarschool.com/pages/terms
Alison Glew Guitar School
23 Richardson Arcade, Winthrop WA 6150
0403 770 909
Studio Admin/Office Hours (during school terms)
Monday – Friday, 9 am to 2:30 pm
Studio Teaching Hours (during school terms)
Monday 3pm – 8pm
Tuesday 3pm – 8pm
Wednesday 9am – 8pm
Thursday 9am – 8pm
Friday 1:30pm – 7:30pm
Saturday 9am – 5:45pm
BEST WAY TO CONTACT US
Phone Calls and SMS: 0403 770 909
Calls and text messages may not be responded immediately outside studio hours.
Email: [email protected]
For all non-urgent enquiries (please allow 48hr response time)
NOTE: Please do not contact your teacher directly via their private phone number or email as they are not responsible for bookings, reschedules and cannot help with other admin enquiries.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU CAN’T MAKE A LESSON
Please notify Alison Glew Guitar School (not your teacher) of all absences as soon as practical either by:
- Text 0403 770 909;
- Email: [email protected]; or
- Via cancellation in the Student Portal
NOTE: Do NOT respond to the SMS reminder text as it will not get through to us.
Please keep us up-to-date with your correct email address as this is the main way we will communicate with you.
You will receive information about registration dates/links, changes, dates, special offers, and other important information.
EMAIL / SMS LESSON REMINDERS
Before your lesson, you will receive an email reminder (48 hours before) and SMS reminder (24 hours before).
You can request these to be turned off but we recommend leaving them on so that any discrepancies are picked up early and so lessons are not missed and forfeited.
WHEN WE CONDUCT LESSONS
- Lessons are conducted during Monday – Saturday during the school term.
- Terms are usually 10 weeks long and coincide with the WA Primary School calendar.
- First lessons for the term start on the Monday in the first-week school starts and end on the Saturday after school finishes.
- Please check term dates at the time of registration as they may vary.
- Casual school holiday lessons are available by appointment, based on teacher availability.
- Term students may book casual lessons during the school holidays at term rates (not casual rates).
- There are no lessons on public holidays.
- If a public holiday falls during the school term, tuition will be adjusted.
LESSON TYPES / PACKS / VOUCHERS
Term Lessons (Private & Semi-Private Lessons)
- Lessons booked after 3pm Monday to Friday and on the weekend are only available by the term as these are prime time spots.
- Term lessons are conducted Monday to Saturday during the primary school term.
- A reduced “term” rate is available for students attending regular lessons at a set time each week.
Group Lessons (Ukulele Groups)
- If you cannot make one of the group lessons you're welcome to catch up the lesson in another group (of similar level) if there is space available. This cannot be guaranteed.
- Catch-up lessons must be taken within the term.
- Missed lessons are not carried forward into other groups, credited or refunded.
- 24 hour notice must be given to generate a catch-up credit so that the spot can be offered to other students.
Casual Lessons / Lesson Packs
- We have very limited availability after 3pm Monday – Friday and on the weekend as these times are reserved for term students.
- Lessons are transferable to another student but not refundable.
- Students can book a lesson time based on teacher/studio availability.
- Discounted lesson packs may be purchased to use with any teacher over 3 months.
- Casual lessons may be booked with any teacher based on availability. Prepayment is required 24hrs before the lesson.
- Gift vouchers may be used with any teacher and booked based on teacher/studio availability.
- Gift vouchers expire after 6 months from purchase.
- They are transferable to another student but not refundable.
TUITION PAYMENT INFORMATION
TERM TUITION REGISTRATION
- All current students attending term lessons MUST register online via the website, in-person or over the phone for the following term by the Priority Enrolment due date.
- Current students will have their lesson time saved for them until the end of the Priority Enrolment period (at the end of the 2nd last week of the school term).
- Students who do not enrol by the due date risk loosing their place as the spot will be made public and advertised to waitlisted students.
- Mid-term enrolments will be taken based on availability and term fees will be adjusted.
HOW TERM TUITION IS CALCULATED
Term fees are calculated based on the number of lessons in the school term. Tuition is adjusted for shorter and longer terms and public holidays.
If you notify us that you’ll miss a particular lesson during the school term (prior to the term commencing) we can reduce your tuition by one class.
If you’ll miss more than one lesson, please contact the studio to discuss if term tuition is the best option.
PAYMENT OF TERM TUITION
- A non-refundable $55 deposit (or full payment) is required to save your place for the following term by the Priority Enrolment due date (2nd last week of the current term).
- The balance of tuition is due in full, by the first lesson in week one.
- Alternatively, upon registration or prior to the start of the term, you may request to set up weekly, fortnightly or monthly direct debits with our direct debit provider, EzyPay.
EZYPAY DIRECT DEBITS
- Term students who choose to pay by weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments must register their bank account or credit card details with EZYPAY.
- Once you’re set up with EZYPAY, you’ll not need to do this again and can simply check the EZYPAY box upon registration.
- Families wishing to use EZYPAY option need to tick “EZYPAY” when registering.
- An EZYPAY setup link will be emailed to you after registration.
- You’ll need to set up your EZYPAY direct debits before the first week of the term.
- A “EzyPay convenience” fee applies: $3 monthly debits, $5 fortnightly debits and $10 for weekly debits.
- You will be bound by EZYPAY’s Terms and Conditions.
- EzyPay will charge a fee for failed payments.
- Alison Glew Guitar School is not involved in the collection process nor do we receive the failed payment fees.
LATE PAYMENT OF TERM FEES
- The balance of tuition due in full, by the first lesson in week one.
- If you’re having difficulty paying by the due date, please contact us ASAP as we are happy discuss arrangements.
- We will send payment reminder emails in week 1 of the term, to the email address used when registering,
- A $25 late payment fee will be applied to outstanding accounts at the end of week 1.
NON-PAYMENT OF TERM FEES
- If tuition isn’t fully paid by the end of the first week of the term and no arrangements have been made:
- A late payment fee of $25 will be applied to the
- No further lessons will be provided (no lessons in week 2).
- The lesson time will marked as available, advertised and offered to waitlisted students.
PAYMENT OF CASUAL FEES
- Pre-payment is required for all casual lessons.
- Your lesson may be cancel if payment isn’t received 24 hours before your scheduled lesson.
- We accept; online payments via credit card or PayPal and cash.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is not available.
- Discounted lesson packs are a convenient way to pay for casual lessons as the tuition is cheaper and credits are placed on your account for you to use over 3 months.
REFUNDS / CREDITS / TRANSFERS
Term Lessons (Deposit Payments)
- Deposits made on term tuition are non-refundable.
- Deposit payments cannot be credited towards upcoming terms or other tuition, services or products.
- Refunds on tuition are not available for withdrawals made once the term has commenced, however, the tuition IS transferable.
- We will offer a refund for term tuition (the tuition amount less the deposit) IF we are notified of the withdrawal, in writing, 10 days PRIOR to the term start date.
- If you choose to withdraw from term lessons after registration but 10 days before the start of term you’ll NOT be liable for the balance of fees but will not receive a refund on the deposit.
Casual Lessons (Including Lesson Packs)
- Refunds are not available.
- Credits are available for lessons cancelled or rescheduled with 24hrs notice.
- Credits are valid for 1 month.
Group Lessons (Ukulele Workshops)
- Refunds are not available.
- Catch up lessons are available if 24hrs notice of absence is provided. However the catch-up lesson must be taken in a workshop of similar level during the school term if space provides. This is not guaranteed.
- Transfers to other workshops (for the same value) are available if there is space in the workshop.
- Lessons must be completed in the current term.
- Refunds are not offered to students excluded for rude, aggressive, sexist or lewd, violent, disobedient or destructive behaviour or to students excluded because they are affected by drugs or alcohol.
- A refund or credit toward the following term will be offered if your teacher is unable to attend a scheduled lesson AND a relief teacher is not available.
- Refunds are not available if you choose not to learn with another teacher.
- A refund, credit or catch-up lesson will be provided when more than 30% of an online lesson cannot go ahead due to the teachers internet connection being unstable or their equipment malfunctioning.
- A refund, credit or catch-up lesson will not be provided for online lessons is a student is unprepared for the online lesson, their internet connection is poor, they don’t show up or they attend their online lesson late.
TERM STUDENT MISSED LESSON POLICY
- Lessons cancelled with 48 hrs notice will generate one catch-up credit per term.
- Lessons cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice will not be made-up, credited or transferred. The lesson is forfeited.
CASUAL STUDENTS MISSED LESSON POLICY
Lessons not attended, cancelled on the same day or with less than 24hrs notice are payable and are not made-up, credited or transferred.
- Maximum of one catch-up lesson per term per student.
- To qualify for a catch-up lesson, 48 hours’ notice is required.
- You may book a catch-up with any teacher at the studio based on availability.
- You may need to take the lesson with a different teacher and at a different time/day.
- Catch-up lessons expire at the end of the term and cannot be used in the school holidays.
- It is your responsibility to book catch-up lessons.
- There are no refunds and/or credits for unused catch-up lessons.
WITHDRAWING FROM LESSONS
- Please let us know if a student is not returning to term lessons before the Priority Enrolment date or as soon as possible so the time slot may be offered to other students.
- Notify us in writing by emailing [email protected]
Learning an instrument requires great communication between teacher and student. To help us give you the best experience please:
- Have instruments tuned, out of cases/bags and all books ready to start.
- Give your teacher full attention during your lesson.
- Answer questions verbally.
- Be polite.
- Ask questions.
- Let your teacher know if you don’t understand something.
- Tell your teacher what your goals are and if you’d like to learn something in particular.
- Come to lessons with an eager-to-learn attitude.
- Try everything your teacher suggests… even if you think it’s stupid (there is a method to our madness)
- Tell your teacher or email [email protected] if you have an issue or concern that you need to be resolved or lessons adjusted to accommodate.
EXCLUSION FROM LESSONS
- We reserve the right to include or exclude any individual or organisation at our discretion.
- You MAY be excluded from lessons if you are not participating in the lessons, are not practising regularly at home or are not mature enough to fully engage in the lesson.
- You WILL be excluded from lessons if you are rude, aggressive, sexist or lewd, violent, disobedient, destructive behaviour or affected by drugs or alcohol.
STUDENT LESSON TIME ETIQUETTE
- Students are expected to arrive and be collected on time for their lessons.
- If you are late, the lesson cannot be extended, discounted or credited as lessons are booked back-to-back with other students.
- Please be mindful that at the end of your lesson time, another student is waiting. Pack away your instrument and music in a timely manner so you do not prevent the next lesson starting on time.
- Please try not to arrive more than 5 minutes early as it may disrupt other lessons and your teacher may not be available.
- Please collect students on time at the conclusion of their lesson. Late collection without prior arrangements, especially at the end of the night, is not acceptable as our teachers have other commitments.
- Students in Primary School are asked to wait inside for collection (not outside) so we can keep an eye on them and ensure they’re safe.
- Please, no messy food or drinks in the waiting area.
- Leave the room tidy.
- Be aware of other students taking lessons and speak, enter and leave quietly.
- Please, take phone calls outside.
PEOPLE SITTING IN / WATCHING LESSONS
If you're a parent or caregiver of a young child who is exceptionally nervous, you're more than welcome to sit in on their lessons. Otherwise, we'd prefer the student have their lessons only their teacher. We find students concentrate, behave and learn faster when given privacy and don’t feel “watched over”.
Parents will be updated on what has taken place during the lesson with emailed lesson notes and are welcome to a "de-brief" at the end of the lesson with practice requirements etc.
Siblings and friends are not allowed to sit in on lessons as it is distracting and tuition payments only cover the registered student.
Again, you're more than welcome to sit in on lessons if you feel it’s necessary.
You will require a real instrument (not a toy) to practice with at home between lessons. We can source one for you or offer advice as what is best to purchase.
You will be expected to keep your instrument in good, clean condition and change your strings as required (when they are rusted or frayed). We can do this for you (for a fee) or you can do it yourself. Strings will usually need to be changed every 6 months.
- Please DO NOT park on the neighbour’s lawn.
- You’re welcome to park on the driveway and grass (please don't drive over sprinklers which are on the edges of the lawn).
- Street parking is available.
- Please observe local parking laws and be respectful of neighbours.
- There are parking bays at the park on the corner of Richardson Arcade and Houghton Way.
- Be cautious when arriving and departing of students walking to and from the house.
TEACHING STAFF AND CONTRACTORS
- All lessons are conducted by teachers proficient in their field of expertise.
- We have Teachers and Senior Teachers available for lessons. Their title depends on their experience, qualification and skill set.
- Lessons conducted by "Teachers" are available at a discounted rate.
- All teachers hold a current Working With Children Card (WWCC).
NON SOLICITATION OF TEACHERS
You agree to not solicit a teacher to perform teaching work outside of Alison Glew Guitar School. This includes asking them to teach at your home and paying them directly.
If your teacher is unable to teach a scheduled lesson (for example they’re ill) then Alison Glew Guitar School will provide a relief teacher or move the lesson online.
If a replacement teacher is unavailable and/or the regular teacher is too sick to teach online, then we will offer a made-up credit, credit towards the following term or a refund.
Choosing not to attend a lesson with a replacement teacher or an online lesson will not generate a credit or catch-up lesson or refund.
Sometimes our teachers need to change their teaching hours/days to fit their schedule.
We do our very best to ensure that this doesn’t happen once a school term has started. However, if it does, we will provide you with another wonderful teacher at your scheduled lesson time.
If we are unable to provide a teacher at the same day/time, you are invited to transfer to another available lesson time. If another time isn’t suitable, you may request a refund on outstanding tuition.
Refunds are not available where a teacher has been provided at the same/day time.
MEDICAL / COVID POLICIES
MEDICAL CONDITIONS / DISABILITIES / DISORDERS
Please make Alison Glew Guitar School aware at the time of enrolment of any conditions or disorders that may affect how lessons are delivered.
Our teachers need to be able to prepare appropriately for student needs such as; ADHD & ADD, Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism, Dyspraxia, Dyslexia etc.
Please notify us in writing of any life-threatening or serious medical condition that a student has (for example allergies, heart problems or diabetes).
It is a requirement that any student with the potential for anaphylaxis be accompanied to their lessons by a parent or caregiver who is capable of managing the situation if it arises.
Where it is impractical to communicate with the parent/guardian of a child student or next-of-kin of an adult student, the parent/guardian or adult student authorises the staff of Alison Glew Guitar School to organise whatever medical treatment as may be deemed necessary for the student.
- Students are NOT required to sign in on the SafeWA Register/App as we take attendance.
- Visitors must sign in on the SafeWA App or contact register when entering Alison Glew Guitar School. The QR code and register is at the front door and entry.
- Please sanitise your hands upon entry.
- Do not attend lessons if you are feeling unwell, have a sore throat, cough or runny nose.
- Online lessons are available via Zoom for all students who cannot attend in-person lessons. Online lessons will be conducted at the regular lesson time.
- If your teacher is unwell we will move the lesson online unless a relief teacher is available.
- If the state or federal government prevents us conducting music lessons in person ALL lessons will transfer to online lessons. This includes casual lessons, term lessons and group lessons.
- Refunds, credits are not available for lessons that have been moved online.
LIABILITY / RESPONSIBILITY
- Alison Glew Guitar School accepts no liability or responsibility for any injury sustained by a student or their equipment that arises from participation in any activity connected with Alison Glew Guitar School.
- We do not accept liability or responsibility for any damages caused to any minors, siblings, friends or relatives or caregivers of the students who attends, visits and/or waits at Alison Glew Guitar School.